Our Great Taste Award Aged Balsamic Gift Pack is an incredible collection of our 3 Great Taste Award Winners, presented in a custom gift box with Recipe Tips for that perfect present.
Set contains 3 FULL SIZE BOTTLES of our beautiful 'Special Reserve' Aged Balsamic Vinegars: Gran Riserva, Pomegranate & Fig and our stunning Aged White Balsamic Vinegar.
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
1. WE DON'T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
2. WE DON'T do 'reductions' - cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
3. WE DON'T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process - all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any 'supermarket balsamic' or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our 'Special Reserve' is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World's finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then gently infused to give a rich, intense flavour explosion.
Boxed set contains:
1. GRAN RISERVA 'SPECIAL RESERVE' AGED BALSAMIC: rich, thick & beautifully sweet, try a drizzle on meat & game as you serve, on figs, goat's cheese salad, ice cream, fruit, a cheese board & much more.
We use this Gran Riserva 'Special Reserve' Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for our dark infusions. This is what the judges had to say:
"Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work. Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity. A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen"
If you need a glaze (but without the sugar, emulsifiers or artificial thickeners), this is the one for you.
2. POMEGRANATE & FIG 'SPECIAL RESERVE' AGED BALSAMIC: bursting with rich fruit flavours, the fresh, zingy pomegranate with the added depth of the fig balances beautifully to create a richness not found in cheap copies or sugary fruit vinegars. This is what the judges had to say:
"Thick balsamic, rich & dark. Pomegranate shines through with intense lingering flavour
Well balanced sweetness. Good viscosity; balance of sweet & sour would work well with game. Rich, thick & sweet with no bitterness, add a drizzle to anything gamey, salads - especially goat's cheese - couscous or quinoa, cheese boards & more."
3. AGED WHITE 'SPECIAL RESERVE' BALSAMIC: our beautiful White Aged Balsamic vinegar is light, fruity & full of fruit flavours. A lot of people haven't heard of a white balsamic, and even the ones that have haven't tasted one this good!
Naturally sweet, we don't add a grain of sugar to this balsamic either, resulting in a bright, fresh dressing, sweet with a hint of creaminess & almost-butterscotch backnotes. This is what the judges had to say:
"Clear, bright, fruity with well-judged balance of acidity & sweetness. Versatile, we liked the grapes-fruitiness. Light, clean-looking with subtle aroma; clean & fresh flavour. Well balanced with the sweetness & acidity to give interesting complexity & length"
Drizzle on salads, tuna, scallops, fruit, ice cream or use to balance a ceviche for a lightness that is difficult to achieve using a cheap, sugary-sweet fruit vinegar or one of our traditional, rich aged balsamic vinegars. Try a shot in a prosecco or a tall glass with ice & soda water for a refreshing long drink!
We lovingly pack and ship your goods once payment is processed with some items occasionally coming from different warehouses depending on their nature.
All goods, wherever possible, will be shipped on a tracked service for you to follow their progress and the next available delivery date will be shown on each particular product page before you place your order.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery is FREE on all orders over £75 (excluding shipping) with a fixed charge of £4.95 per order (or delivery address if you're using the multi-address checkout feature).
A shipping surcharge of £5 applies over the £75 threshold if your basket includes fresh or chilled goods from our Meat, Pies & Pastries, and Ready To Eat Meals collections. This covers the additional cost of special delivery services and/or specialist packaging for fresh items.
Delivery to Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands will incur a surcharge, usually a few GBP.
Any final shipping costs will be shown in checkout.
Future Delivery Dates
While we make every effort to deliver on your preferred date, shipments may arrive one day either side of your selected day during busy periods.
Orders containing alcohol may require a signature.