African and Middle Eastern cuisine is vibrant and packed full of flavour. There is nothing like feasting on a homemade tagine, Kofta, Tabbouleh, Baba Ganoush or Za-atar Chicken. Give your tastebuds a treat with this carefully selected range of spices inspired by the East.
Our beautiful African and Middle Eastern Spice Tin gives you everything you need to create both modern-day and traditional dishes.
What's more, our African and Middle Eastern Tin is the perfect all-year-round gift for budding home cooks and experienced chefs who wish to recreate authentic Middle Eastern meals at home. Especially popular with those looking to find a gift for those 'difficult to buy for' men in their lives. Give them the perfect unique gift for any and every occasion.
Why you'll love it
- Free recipe guide with lots of quick and easy dishes as well as our family favourites
- Handmade in the UK with love
- Every time you buy a spice tin, you are helping to ensure a schoolchild receives a nutritious meal in the UK and India
- Spice blends are made fresh in small batches here in the UK
- A great gift for the budding foodie or an experienced chef!
- Carefully packaged to ensure no bumps and dents along the way
- Looks gorgeous in your kitchen
Spice Kitchen is:
- Family-owned, family-run
- Ethically sourced
You will receive
Fenugreek. With hints of toasted maple, this adds both sweet and delicately bitter notes to stews and curries. Common throughout kitchens of the Middle East and North Africa
Baharat. A rich, earthy Middle Eastern Spice mix combining allspice, black peppercorns, cardamon, cassia, cloves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and paprika. Great to rub into meat as a marinade, especially lamb and chicken
Berbere. One of the building blocks of Ethiopian Cuisine, combining dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, basil, cumin, nigella, caraway and fenugreek. Gives an amazing kick to stews and as a meat rub
Ras el Hanout. A deep, warming spice mix used throughout North Africa, combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, turmeric and cardamon. Perfect to give depth to tagines
Sumac. A beautifully tangy, vibrant spice with amazingly fresh citrus notes. Very versatile, can be used to garnish salads, hummus, or as a rub for meat and works brilliantly with fish
Za'atar. The King of Middle Eastern spice mixes. A fragrant combination of oregano, marjoram, sumac, salt and SESAME seeds
Harissa. A fiery North African chilli mix with dried red chilli, garlic, coriander, paprika and caraway. Great mixed with olive oil to make dressings for salads and couscous or as a marinade for meat
Pul Biber/Aleppo Pepper. Grown in Syria and Turkey, these dried chilli flakes add a hint of cherry-like fruitiness to dressings and marinades. Mild heat, slight saltiness
Urfa Biber. A dried Turkish pepper with a deep raisin, smoky flavour. Fantastic to rub into lamb or sprinkle over hummus
Features and Benefits
- Blends are freshly made in small batches and then sealed for optimum freshness and flavour
- Outer storage tin is 19cm stainless steel with a perspex lid to ensure freshness
- Seven removable smaller tins for convenience and a small metal spoon for accurate dispensing
- Selected and mixed the old-fashioned way
- Refills are available at affordable prices, in varying quantities
- No additives, artificial flavouring or preservatives: just a quality guarantee from our family to yours
- Ideal gift for yourself or anyone who loves African and Middle Eastern cuisine or who is looking to get started
- Perfect as a gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine's, or Father's/Mother's Day. The chef (or aspiring chef!) in your life will be forever grateful
- Durable stainless steel Indian spice tin for use and for storage and display. The ribbed lid helps to retain the freshness of the spices, and the tin is also dishwasher safe
We lovingly pack and ship your goods once payment is processed with some items occasionally coming from different warehouses depending on their nature.
All goods, wherever possible, will be shipped on a tracked service for you to follow their progress and the next available delivery date will be shown on each particular product page before you place your order.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery is FREE on all orders over £75 (excluding shipping) with a fixed charge of £4.95 per order (or delivery address if you're using the multi-address checkout feature).
A shipping surcharge of £5 applies over the £75 threshold if your basket includes fresh or chilled goods from our Meat, Pies & Pastries, and Ready To Eat Meals collections. This covers the additional cost of special delivery services and/or specialist packaging for fresh items.
Delivery to Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands will incur a surcharge, usually a few GBP.
Any final shipping costs will be shown in checkout.
Future Delivery Dates
While we make every effort to deliver on your preferred date, shipments may arrive one day either side of your selected day during busy periods.
Orders containing alcohol may require a signature.