Cheese wedding cakes – the most delicious way to say ‘will you brie mine?’
A cheese wedding cake tower is a stunning addition to your wedding, celebration, Christmas party, or special gathering of you and your partner’s friends and family. Impress your guests with a beautiful cheese wedding cake that will easily serve up to 120 guests. Move away from traditional cakes and treat your wedding guests (and yourself) to our unique wedding cheese tower that they’ll remember for years to come.
This 8 tier cheese wedding cake is ideal for weddings, anniversaries, parties, or any other large get-together. It’s easy to put together and then you’re free to leave it as it is or to decorate it as you please to complement your event, using fruit, ribbon, or anything else. We love to see pictures of how you’ve decorated these wedding cheese towers so don’t forget to tag us in any pictures on social media!
Please make sure you pick a delivery date for your cheese that’s at least 3 business days before your event. You can contact us to discuss your delivery, or any other questions or special requirements you may have. As with all our cheese cakes, we advise customers to order your celebration cheese cake at least 2 weeks in advance of your delivery date to avoid disappointment.
The total weight of our delicious artisan cheese tower cake is 10.65KG and should serve approximately 100-120 guests. The cheese wedding cake tower stands at roughly 54cm in height.
A Godminster Celebration & Wedding Cheese Tower includes:
- 3kg wheel of Cornish Yarg – A light textured, handmade cheese wrapped in fresh nettles. This is the base layer of the celebration cheese cake and is 25cm in diameter.
- 2kg wheel of Colston Bassett – Regarded as one of the best traditionally made naturally crusted Stiltons. Mature, with good blueing and rich, deep, herbaceous flavours that linger on the palate.
- 2 x 1kg wheels of brie – This is a delicious luxury brie. The taste is creamy and full-bodied with a wonderful character and complexity of flavour which is tangy and deliciously rich. This cheese may become ripe and runny so we recommend using cake boards and cake dowelling to support this layer (not included in the wedding cake).
- 2kg truckle of Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar – A cheese wedding cake wouldn’t be complete without our Vintage Organic Cheddar and we’re so proud of it! A rich, strong yet buttery cheese. We guarantee that every cheese lover will adore this deliciously smooth cheddar!
- 750g truckle of Francis – A beautiful wash rind pungent cheese with a sticky rind which is richly-flavoured and generally gorgeous.
- 500g wheel of White Nancy Goats Cheese– A stunning handmade cheese from Pete Humphries at White Lake Cheeses near Shepton Mallet. Using milk from his own herd of 600 goats. Please note: this cheese is made from unpasteurised milk.
- 200g truckle of Godminster Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar – Our award-winning Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar, naturally smoked with sustainable oak chippings for 8-10 hours, full of wonderful smoky flavour
- 200g truckle of Godminster Heart-Shaped Vintage Organic Cheddar –as delicious as its larger sibling and the perfect way to spread the love on your special day…
Please note: Throughout the year it may be difficult to source particular cheeses that are being made by our small artisan cheesemaking friends as they are speciality products. We will try wherever possible to make sure that a suitable replacement is featured of similar weight and value. We apologise should this happen.
If your cheese cake is being displayed in a tent, marquee, conservatory or any other warm environment please ensure it is refrigerated as much as possible before displaying. We recommend using cake boards and cake dowels to keep your tower in good condition for longer periods of time.
The layers dimensions are as follows (starting from the base layer):
- The Cornish Yarg - 25cm x 6cm
- Colston Bassett - 22cm x 5cm
- Brie- 20cm x 8cm
- Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar - 16cm x 10cm
- Francis - 13cm x 6cm
- White Nancy - 10cm x 4cm
- Godminster Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar - 6cm x 4cm
- Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar Heart - 8cm x 4cm
Godminster Wedding Cheese Cake Delivery
- As with all our Godminster wedding cheese cakes, please place your order with us at least 2 weeks in advance
- When checking out, please select a delivery day at least 3 working days before your event as our couriers may sometimes have unexpected delays
- We cannot provide a refund if your venue doesn’t accept outside catering so please double check this before ordering to avoid disappointment
- Having someone available to sign and refrigerate the cake on delivery is essential – our couriers will not be able to pass on any storage advice or leave it unattended unless arranged between the customer and the courier directly
- Please liaise with your venue to check if it will accept deliveries as our couriers will not be able to do this
- Please double check your email address as this will be the contact email for any delivery notifications on the day
- The cheese wheel cake will be delivered in an insulated box. Assembly is easy and can be done in minutes – simply stack one cheese on top of the other. Remember to use dowelling and cake boards if needed.
We lovingly pack and ship your goods once payment is processed with some items occasionally coming from different warehouses depending on their nature.
All goods, wherever possible, will be shipped on a tracked service for you to follow their progress and the next available delivery date will be shown on each particular product page before you place your order.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery is FREE on all orders over £75 (excluding shipping) with a fixed charge of £4.95 per order (or delivery address if you're using the multi-address checkout feature).
A shipping surcharge of £5 applies over the £75 threshold if your basket includes fresh or chilled goods from our Meat, Pies & Pastries, and Ready To Eat Meals collections. This covers the additional cost of special delivery services and/or specialist packaging for fresh items.
Delivery to Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands will incur a surcharge, usually a few GBP.
Any final shipping costs will be shown in checkout.
Future Delivery Dates
While we make every effort to deliver on your preferred date, shipments may arrive one day either side of your selected day during busy periods.
Orders containing alcohol may require a signature.
FodaBox Limited are committed to ensuring you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not happy for any reason contact us within 14 days of your order to discuss a refund or replacement item.
Things to be aware of:
By law, unless they are damaged or faulty, you cannot return or obtain a refund for i) perishable items including food or ii) personalised items made to your own specifications except where you have selected from pre-determined options or standard off-the-shelf components. Please don’t destroy or throw away any product before you’ve spoken to us and agreed that doing so won't affect any refund or replacement.